Monday, December 21, 2015

Frame - Brake and Fuel Lines, Steering

Now that I have the engine problems all straightened out, I have been focusing back on the Chevelle's frame.  The bodywork is suppose to start in January, so I need to get the frame ready.

I am planning on using a in-tank fuel pump system.  These setups are high flow pumps that can be used for carburetor or EFI setups.  For this system I need to have a fuel line supply and return.  For the fuel supply I am running 3/8" stainless tubing and for the return I am using 1/2" stainless.




I had to drill and install threaded plugs along the frame rails.  I then used tube clamps to hold the lines in place.







Below I am running the 1/2" return line underneath the 3/8" supply line.



I still need to clean up the bends a bit with some tube benders.



For the Chevelle's brake lines I purchased a pre-bent 3/16" front and rear line kit.  And then I got my hands on some 1/4" stainless tubing for the line that runs from the front of the car to the back.



Below can see the brake lines.  The pre-bent kits were nice and didn't require any bending on my part.





Another job I tackled was the steering linkage.  I used Moog tie rods, Hotchkis tie rod links, and a drag link from CPP.  I found the Hotchkis rod links and the moog tie rods didn't mesh well, I'm not sure if they were different threads,  I got them together but they are a very tight fit.  I hope it doesn't cause any problems when it comes time to adjust alignment.
Below I have the old linkage above and the new linkage below for comparison




I am using the original steering box.  I will clean it up and put a fresh coat of paint.



No comments:

Post a Comment